It’s a common misconception that healthy eating is bland and boring—that you can’t really eat what you love, or find enjoyment in food. But that’s wrong! If you’re just starting to get your diet in shape, start small with a few healthier substitutes and smaller portions. And have some fun seeking out food and flavors you love incorporated into heathy recipes. Here are a bunch of options to get you started. Bon appétit!
- Sweet and Sour Chicken: Experience takeout without the processed junk and MSG. This dish is out-of-this world tasty!
- Blazin’ Buffalo Turkey Burger Recipe: Think turkey burgers have to be dry, flavorless, and boring? Think again.
- Pumpkin, Lentil and Chickpea Stew: This vegan slow cooker stew is missing the meat, but isn’t missing any flavor.
- Spinach, Mushroom & Asparagus Quiche: Try this healthier quiche for brunch or a family meal. You won’t be disappointed.
- Turkey Pepperoni and Pineapple Pizza: Enjoy your Friday night pizza tradition with our healthier version!
Sides & Salads
- Avocado, Artichoke and Kale Dip: This healthier dip that will have you getting your veggie servings in no time.
- Kale and Pomegranate Salad: Enjoy this delicious winter salad for a hearty lunch or dinner.
- Cucumber and Heirloom Tomato Salad: Hit up your local market or grocery store for the freshest produce to make this easy salad.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip: This dip is a fan favorite. Make it even better by saving your guests some calories via this healthier version!
- Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread: Make this divine paleo citrus bread for a delicious and satisfying treat.
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Snack Bites: These sweet snack bites won’t derail your healthy diet.
- Protein Cookie Dough Bites: Take the guilt out of your sweet snacks and try this special, protein-packed recipe.
- Grain-Free Lacy Almond Crepes: These gluten-free almond crepes are the best way to cure your sweet tooth.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Sandwich: This healthier cheesecake is simple, delicious, and crave-satisfying.
- Honey Dark Chocolate Truffles: Treat yourself or someone you love to these four-ingredient, heart-healthy treats.